Trying to find the relationship you are supposed to have with your Higher Power to stay sober might have become a much more difficult task than you realized. Discovering the conception of a power greater than yourself oftentimes is not as black and white as you hear about. Many people in recovery have been known to have negative religious experiences in their past that made even a Higher Power sound off putting.
There are sovereign manifestations that can occur with trying to achieve a relationship with a Higher Power.
- You may start off bargaining with your Higher Power to try and get what you want.
- You may get angry with your Higher Power because you are not able to control what happens in your life.
- You may present “foxhole” promises to your Higher Power to try for a better outcome for what you are trying to accomplish.
- You may begin to have childlike faith in a Higher Power because you have no other choice for your sobriety.
- You may find yourself in a position with no one to talk or depend on except for your Higher Power.
- You may argue with your Higher Power because you do not understand why this antagonism should be happening to you.
However you begin reckoning with your Higher Power is between you and the Spirit of the Universe. Doing whatever it takes to determine how to maintain a beneficial union with your Higher Power should be done in the attitude of your own conception. There is no right or wrong with using a power greater than yourself to keep you sober along with the use of your spiritual principles.
Through the ups and downs of any relationship you will figure out how to treat someone else and it certainly not any different with attempting to have an essential connection with your Higher Power. Learning what is successful and what does not work will become abundantly clear the more you seek a Higher Power to stay sober.
As they say, “Rome was not built in a day”. Just know that your affinity to a Higher Power might take some time to contrive what you may actually need to enlighten your spiritual side. There will be ups and downs that you will need to go through to breakout out of your reformative shell because faith without works is dead.
If you or are someone you know is struggling with drugs and alcohol, Serenity Oaks Wellness Center can show you how to maintain your sobriety. Our holistic therapy and 12-Step aspects combined can show you how to adorn your soul in recovery.
Call us today: 855-652-2683