Preparing for Alcohol Rehab
If you are considering going to an inpatient rehab program in Clearwater Florida for alcohol addiction or alcohol and drug abuse treatment, but you have never stayed in a recovery center before, you may not know what to expect. When you are preparing for your rehab program, there are several things you need to take care of before you go.
- Take care of your family and work obligations. This means make sure your work knows you will be taking time off, and you have appropriate childcare etc. Some treatment centers allow pets, but many do not, so ensure you check that before you go and arrange appropriate care.
- Ensure your bills and legal obligations are taken care of. Set up automatic bill payments, let the courts know where you will be (and try to get an acknowledgement on paper before you go), ensure you have all loose ends tied up so you do not come home to a mess or a stressful situation.
- Pack only the essentials. You will need appropriate clothing, ID, current prescriptions and insurance cards, alcohol-free hygiene products, contact information for loved ones, and a credit or debit card. Books, music, a journal or sketchbook, and small personal items like a photo album may also be a good idea. Check with the rehabilitation centers before you arrive for a full list of what is recommended.
- Try not to stress out about it. Rehabilitation programs are the highest form of self-care and going somewhere for addiction treatments is the best thing you can do not only for your own health but for your loved ones. It may feel intimidating and like a lot to handle, but recovery programs for drugs and alcohol are created to help you become the best version of yourself. You will be glad you went.
Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms and Detox
The main fear substance abusers express when they are heading into their treatment programs for alcohol addiction recovery is that alcohol detox will be scary or painful. It is true that alcohol is a very difficult substance to quit, especially after drinking heavily for a long time, but if you are heading into a medically assisted drug and alcohol rehab treatment facility, there is nothing to worry about.
Common withdrawal symptoms during alcohol detox include tremors, increased heart rate and high blood pressure, anxiety, nausea and vomiting, headache, sweating, irritability and confusion, insomnia, and nightmares.
The most severe type of withdrawal syndrome is known as delirium tremens (also known as “the DTs”). Its signs and symptoms include extreme confusion and agitation, fever, seizures, hallucinations that are tactile, auditory or visual, fast respiration, and high blood pressure. This is considered a medical emergency, and without medical intervention may result in severe consequences.
Because the withdrawal symptoms vary so much from person to person, an inpatient detox program is usually recommended to those quitting drinking. A medical detox substance abuse treatment plan provides 24-hour medical oversight, prescription doses of medications to keep you safe and comfortable, and depending on the rehab centers, often will include holistic treatments, therapy and psychiatric care as well.
What To Expect During Alcohol Rehab
Going to rehab for the first time may feel intimidating or strange because you do not know what to expect. Clearwater Florida treatment centers are all different, and drug rehab will be different than alcohol rehab in some ways, especially when it comes to detoxing.
When entering the Serenity Oaks alcohol rehab centers in Clearwater, one of the first things you will do is have a thorough assessment, with an in-depth interview along with medical and psychiatric screening to figure out what your long-term recovery alcohol rehab treatment plans are, and how to best achieve your drug and alcohol rehab recovery goals.
You will work together with the addiction specialists to create a program and a schedule that will best work for you in your life. This may include levels of care like medical detox, inpatient treatment and/or outpatient treatment (including partial hospitalization or an intensive outpatient program), and aftercare programs, based on your unique needs as an individual.
Serenity Oaks Alcohol Rehab Clearwater
Serenity Oaks alcohol rehab and drug rehab is located near Clearwater FL. We offer individualized treatment plans that may include inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient programs (including partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient plans) that come with services and types of treatment like:
- Alcohol/ drug medical detox programs in residential treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatments for those with a co-occurring disorder like mental illness or PTSD
- Behavioral therapy and other evidence-based addiction treatments
- Relapse prevention training
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Life skills programs and education
- Alternative and holistic treatments like yoga, meditation, and acupuncture
- Connections to SMART recovery and Alcoholics Anonymous programs
- Sober living home options
Our non-judgmental and compassionate staff will not treat you like just another alcohol abuser. They will get to know you as a person and help you through your chemical dependency one step at a time, while providing you with long-term support and care through our alumni network. Clearwater FL residents can call us today at (833) 720-0708 to find out more about our drug or alcohol treatment plans, and how we can help you quit drinking for good.