Things To Consider Before Choosing Short Term Rehab
When you have been living with an addiction to drugs and alcohol, you have probably considered many times what it might be like to enter into an addiction treatment program. While you know you are ready to make the life changing decision to seek support through an alcohol or drug treatment program, there are often many questions and things to consider before making the decision of where to receive the help of addiction treatments. Finding a recovery center that offers treatment programs that are centered around your specific needs and goals for the addiction recovery process is essential to your success in long term sober living.
Deciding What Your Rehab Needs And Goals Are
Each individual person that enters into an addiction treatment program will have their own unique history with substance abuse. This means that there can’t be a one size fits all treatment approach. Drugs and alcohol rehab programs will need to be centered around your individual needs and goals that will ensure that you have long lasting success in addiction recovery. Before starting your substance abuse treatments, it is important to have time to self reflect on what is important for you to receive from your treatment programs. You will need to consider the levels of care that you wish to receive including choosing from an inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization ,or if you require the needs of a medical detox. Once you establish the types of treatment that will be best for you, it is important to identify goals for your recovery process. Determine the areas of healing and personal growth that you would ideally like to see and the types of treatment approaches that will foster and empower you to achieve your goals.
6 Things To Take Into Consideration Before Choosing Short Term Rehab
Before choosing the appropriate rehab facility for you, there are some factors that you can take into consideration that will help you choose the appropriate short term rehab program for you.
- Which types of treatment are offered within the rehab facility – Identify if the treatment center offers inpatient rehab, medical detox, outpatient treatment and aftercare planning.
- Is the recovery center accredited- This will help you know if the alcohol or drug rehab center is mandated to follow a standard set of guidelines and expectations for addiction treatments practice. An accredited rehab center will provide you with the comfort in knowing that your recovery process will be handled by licensed therapists and medical practitioners that specialize in safe treatment processes.
- How do the rehab centers develop treatment plans for their patients? It is important for your recovery journey to have an alcohol or drug treatment program that is centered around your specific needs and goals for recovery rather than a standardized treatment approach. When a treatment programs is individualized to the patient it helps to increase your success in maintaining a life of sober living
- Meet the team and find out the staff to patient ratio- You want to find a rehab center that has staff that you are able to connect with and trust as you embark on your recovery journey. Ensuring that there is a high staff to patient ratio will provide you with the comfort in knowing that your time within addiction treatments is valued and you will receive the one on one support you need to overcome drugs and alcohol addiction
- Which forms of addiction therapy are offered to patients- Rehab care and addiction treatments come in a variety of approaches that are targeted to support patients in addressing and healing from your root causes of addiction. Rehab centers offer various types of treatment that are evidence based including: Behavioral therapy, dual diagnosis treatment, life skills development, relapse prevention methods, family therapy, and 12 step programs.
- What is the daily routine within residential treatment- Rehab centers will offer a structured daily routine that can incorporate individual therapy, group therapy, physical fitness, nutritional therapy, social events, and on site amenities for patients to enjoy. Finding a treatment center that offers you the schedule and services you need will help to increase your participation in rehab care while keeping you motivated to complete your recovery process.
If you or your loved ones are struggling with substance abuse and are ready to take the leap of faith into your recovery process, contact Serenity Oaks at (833) 720-0708 to hear more about the individualized treatment plans that we provide each patient.