How to Enjoy Summer Drug and Alcohol Free
When you picture a fun summer day, does it include drugs and drinking? There are plenty of activities to do in the hot summer months that have nothing to do with substance use. Residents of Fort Lauderdale are especially lucky, because not only are there miles of beaches and Fort Lauderdale’s waters to enjoy, but the city is also filled with fun things to do that are sober friendly, from axe throwing to sailing the intracoastal waterway to visiting the Bonnet House museum and gardens.
When you are coming up with activities to do with friends or on your own, try thinking of things to do that will benefit your health, expand your mind, or allow you to have a new experience. These types of experiences will help you create new memories and enrich your life.
Click here to speak with Serenity Oaks staff at any time. We’re available 24/7 to provide answers and begin the admissions process right away. Call (833) 720-0708 today.
3 Sober-Friendly Summer Activities in Fort Lauderdale
The list of sober-friendly summer activities in Fort Lauderdale is expansive. Here are three ideas of places to check out that do not include drugs or alcohol and are family friendly.
1. Visit the Hugh Taylor State Park Bonnet House Museum and Gardens
900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, United States
This is a unique historical home build in the 1920s with incredible gardens. It is a museum, an art gallery and a working studio, with tours available daily.
2. Get a South Florida Adventure Pass
Tradewinds Park – South, 3600 W Sample Rd, Coconut Creek, FL 33073, United States
You also receive a percentage off the admission to Palm Beach Zoo, Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, and the Florida Aquarium with this pass.
3. Tour the intracoastal waterway on a boat and see millionaire’s row on a cruise boat
440 N New River Dr E, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, United States
You can charter a private boat or join a company like Carrie B Cruises and explore the canals that are the reason Fort Lauderdale is called the ‘Venice of America’. Millionaire’s row is a neighbourhood of multi-million-dollar homes visible from the water.
Other ideas of things to look for in downtown Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas include:
- Along with the Fort Lauderdale beaches, south Florida is full of incredible art museums and galleries
- You can go axe throwing then get ice cream or visit a food truck, then see local Ft. Lauderdale live music
- Have wholesome fun at the Fort Lauderdale beach with friends – build sandcastles, have underwater handstand contests, play beach volleyball, or dig the biggest hole.
- Learn a water sport like water skiing, jet skiing, paddleboarding, snorkeling, tubing, kayaking or wakeboarding. It takes hours of practice and will keep you fit.
- Go for a hike. Florida has 175 state parks to explore, and you can enjoy the peace that being out in nature brings as you get a little exercise.
- Learn to fish. Fort Lauderdale Florida has incredible fishing opportunities and is a fishing destination for many expert anglers.
Recovery Support and Addiction Treatment in South Florida
Serenity Oaks addiction recovery center is the premiere addiction treatment facility in the Fort Lauderdale area, offering a full spectrum of addiction and mental health care that leads clients through drug detox and inpatient rehab, and offering several outpatient treatment options as well. Not only do we treat issues like crystal meth addiction, cocaine addiction, heroin addiction, prescription drug addiction and other substance abuse issues but we also offer dual diagnosis programs for people with co-occurring mental health issues in a fully integrated and customized holistic care program including relapse prevention and drug addiction aftercare plans.
Whether you are in Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, or downtown Fort Lauderdale, if you or a loved one have warning signs of addiction or are curious about what steps you can take when seeking treatment, call us today. We can provide more information about drug rehab, customized substance abuse treatment plans, sober living support and aftercare. Our team has hundreds of addiction treatment success stories and are ready to help you now. Get in touch with us today at (833) 720-0708.